Tuesday 5 April 2011

Once a time I took to melody and drank it every night. Fave Tunes January / February 2011

Always On My Mind – Reading Rainbow Sugary JAMC droney indie girlpop

Until Then – Broadcast For remembering Trish to

Hotel Shampoo – Gruff Rhys The whole album is an aural swoon

Pure Radio Cosplay – And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead Hurtling pop-prog hardcore

Apples - Memory Band Wistful, rolling English country-folk

Hall Of Bright Carvings - Titus Groan I have been reading Mervyn Peake’s triology recently – how great to find an olde prog record all obsessed with Gormenghast.

Cave Dance – Jonny Glam goes kosmiche

Ghosts – The Memory Band Sunset droney harmonium-lovely folk

So High - Ringo Deathstarr American shoegaze band plunders ‘Strawberry Wine E.P.’ non-shock

1000 Years – The Coral Scousers crash land in Laurel Canyon

I Shall Leave You There - Sproatly Smith Clockwork folk drifting in the aether

Sing-along-a-Wickerman I cannot resist the opportunity to jam an ivy wreath on my head and belt out the Maypole Song (with actions). Hurrah to Night of the Long Swords for putting this on.

No comments: