- Soft Hearted Scientists - The A470 Song Swirling psych chant, hymning wonders of the Welsh countryside.Oh the joy of a new Soft Hearted Scientists album! Also, check out the way you can sing 'Postman Pat' to their lovely 'I Wanted You'.
- Tonada Yanomaminista – Devendra Banhart Some of the ‘Smokey Rolls…’ album can be quite Velvety in a Herman Dune kind of way
- Eggs and Chips – Manic Cough What a good mix in the morning
- 31st Floor – The Tamborines Rahh! The Tambos at their ferociously fuzzy buzzingest
- Love Lies Bleeding – Pete Molinari The way Pete’s voice glides up the chorus makes by mind skip a beat.
- Run Away – Super Furry Animals SFA deliver another perfect pop moment non-shock!
- See The Light – Sound Carriers The hazy sound of sunspots on faded photos, and dandelion seeds drifting on sultry breezes.
- On The Drip – Freelovebabies Ex-Spaceman proves infinitely more charming and entertaining than his more notorious erstwhile colleagues. Make sure you see Will Carruthers play live.
- Disintegration – Hong Kong In The 60s Broadcast-tinged gazing out the window wistful wonderousness
- Candylion – Gruff Rhys The ultimate comfort song. When I’m sick I want Gruff Rhys to come and sing this to me whilst stroking my hair. Or even when I’m not sick.
- Sister – Horowitz Delightful fizzbomb fuzzpop from Stoke-on-Trent Razorcut-alikes www.myspace.com/horowitzband
- King Of England – The Hot Puppies Poutily funking bassline carries The Hot Puppies on a victory lap of the pop universe.
- Some Things Just Stick In Your Mind – Vashti Bunyan Stately Loog-Oldham orchestrated winsome popstrel swoonings.
- The Coldest Night Of The Year – Vashti Bunyan More lovely Vashti. Sounds like a place where Jaseman Pierce might have found some of his ideas. Maybe Spiritualized should do this as a Christmas single.